Protecting your privacy and your personal data is an important aspect of the way KM Group create, organise and implement our activities on and off line.
KM Group's activities are also governed by the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998, which you can access at www.ico.gov.uk.
Who we are
- Medway House
- Ginsbury Close
- Sir Thomas Longley Road
- Medway City Est
- ME2 4DU
References to "our sites" or "the Websites" are the websites that the KM Media Group Limited operates and specifically these are:
Our websites contain links to other sites operated independently of the KM Media Group Limited, which provide information or services.
The information we may collect via the Websites may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- in order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP address is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Websites. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Websites.
- Data recorded by the Websites which allows us to recognise you and your preferred settings, this saves you from re-entering information on return visits to the site. Such data is recorded locally on your computer through the use of "Cookies". Most browsers can be programmed to reject, or warn you before downloading cookies, information regarding this may be found in your browsers "help" facility.
You can access the Websites and browse through certain parts of the Websites without disclosing personal information. However if you wish to use certain services offered on some of the Websites or obtain certain information made available by us, you may be asked for information such as name, email address, residential address and post code.
If you choose not to provide the information requested, you may not be able to use the service that has been offered or obtain the information you seek. We may also collect information that is provided as part of our registration, orders, surveys, competitions, and promotions and other communications with us. We will collect your personal information only with your knowledge and your consent.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from the Websites will be securely held and only used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, and other applicable laws. The details we collect we only be used for:
- Where you have ordered goods and services from us and we need to complete the purchase or provide the after sales service, and we may need to pass your details to another third party organisation to supply/deliver products or services you purchased and/or to provide after sales service) but we will ensure that this information is dealt with securely in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- In other cases where you have provided your personal information, including email address and you have given us permission through the opt-in /opt-out questions we will send information to you on other products and services, and if you have given the relevant permissions we will ask third parties to do this as you have requested.
KM Media Group Limited has implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect personal information under its control from unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss or destruction or damage. However, KM Media Group Limited cannot guarantee or insure the security of any information that is transmitted over the internet or that loss, misuse or alteration of data so transmitted will not occur.
The personal information which you provide to KM Media Group Limited is stored in secure databases on our servers. The security of your personal information is also your responsibility. We recommend that you do not provide any passwords to anyone. Nor does KM Media Group Limited believe that you should provide any personal information when you are using the internet if you are not comfortable in doing so. KM Media Group Limited will never ask you for any of your passwords or any other personal information in an unsolicited telephone call.
Additionally, KM Media Group Limited may associate the information stored in a user's Cookie with other personal data and information that the user has provided to KM Media Group Limited. Advertisers and business partners that you access on or through the Websites may also send you Cookies. KM Media Group Limited does not control these Cookies.
When you visit any of the Websites your IP address will be automatically logged with KM Media Group Limited. Your IP address is the number which is assigned to your computer when you access the internet. Your IP address can be used to identify your computer and your point of access to the internet.
Changing and deleting your personal information
You are entitled to change, update, amend and delete any personal information that KM Media Group Limited has about you. Please keep in mind that this may mean you are unable to access and user certain services and information provided on the Websites.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that KM Media Group Limited has about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address and payment of £10 to cover administration expenses to the address in How to Contact us below.
How to contact us